Thursday, December 31, 2009

Who killed Yesnobot?

Was what I said when I dusted off Output: Opinion last week in preparation for my review of the aughts. When I set that blog up, I didn't have a great understanding of google's picasa system -- and also I had not yet signed over my entire existence to that establishment as I have now. Anyway, I uploaded the animated gif for the sidebar to my Geocities website and just linked to it.

Geocites, of course, is now defunct and I found a broken image icon where my Yesnobot once was.

I'm sure lots of people remember putting up their first website on that service or its bastard cousin Angelfire. Chances are, if you have a basic understanding of html and you were in high school during the nineties, you typed your first angle-bracketed command in a Geocities form, writing long-winded stories set in a Star Trek vs Star Wars role-playing setting -- or, you know, whatever subject matter you chose.

I completely forgot that Yahoo was retiring it until I noticed Output: Opinion was missing something.

Moment of silence.

I put a lot of crap on the internet in 2009. Thank you to the three or so people who read my stuff. I intend to keep it coming.

I know my review is a bit of a downer, but let's not forget that we're still alive. We're still action-packed, sexy people so let's get excited and go kick the future right in the dick.

1 comment:

  1. I was special enough to have both a Geocities page and an Angelfire page. SPECIAL!

    ReplyDelete