Friday, June 19, 2009

A brief introduction

Yes this is a journal blog. It'll be as aimless and meandering and silly as they all are, I expect. I don't feel that I have to justify creating this space to you or anyone else. The bulk of my published work on the internet is focused and well-organized, and so I don't consider this to be a particularly grievous affront to my belief that these kinds of blogs are always at least a little self-indulgent and pointless.

In fact, I'm not so sure that's necessarily bad, anymore. My thoughts tend toward the chaotic at the best of times, it's just that my attention to detail and weird complex about organization require that I spend hours and weeks revising, formatting, and re-imagining. This can be an advantage, but I feel that it can also stifle the creative process somewhat.

To be honest, I also wanted to try out this design idea.

However, this is more than just a place to record my non sequitur ramblings and display two days' worth of photoshoppery. I also plan to use it as the umbrella under which I shall organize my other projects. You can access these by clicking on the icons to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment